Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fleur de Lis

The Fleur De Lis is a classic decor piece
I found a few Fleur De Lis statuettes at the dollar store a while back
I left them as they were until recently.
While at the dollar store a few weeks back i found an awesome frame that pulled it all together.
( sorry no before pic of the frame, it was saved on my laptop and it crashed...sad...)
anyways..

I painted the frame and statuettes gold
It was just a quick once over with the gold paint
after letting the gold paint dry ( very important)
i painted over it with back paint and wiped it away with a paper towel.
( if you try this before your base color is dry you will be wiping that away too)
using this techniques leaves black in the crevaces of the piece
here are the complete pieces
I really like how they both have a similar swirl
they work really well together

Its amazing the difference a little bit of paint makes!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails