Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lets not get lost

As part of my husbands birthday gift i wanted to make him a map of Azeroth (Warcraft)
Supplies:
2x -12x12 scrapbook paper
2 dowels ( any thickness desired)
used teabags( i used instant coffee)
gold metallic paint
paint brush.
 I started by trying to aged and antique my paper.
I wrinkled it up and was going to use tea bags..
( but of course, i don't have dark tea...lol)
so i tried instant coffee granules
I used my lovely tea pot to heat up the water
and dissolved the granules in a bowl
I dipped the paper in the coffee trying to darken it
It didn't do as much as i would have liked
I tend had the idea of using my gold paint to add browning, aging effects
( i watered it down a bit)
i added kind of a gold flaking..looks awesome
still a bit damp
Dried
It looks awesome!!
i almost wouldn't even need to add mountain details
 its got enough hills and valleys in the paper..lmao
I even singed a few holes in it and around the edges
next step was to add the dowels to the ends of the paper
i used hot glue to attach them
i need to add something to cover the edges where it is attached
I also need to add 'handles' or large beads to the ends
after drying the paper ended up stiff ( very aged and old feeling)
when i rolled it up it held the roll
I can tie a ribbon around it and add a wax seal ( future plans)
I still need to draw the map
I LOVED THE WAY IT TURNED OUT AND IT WAS SOOO MUCH FUN TO MAKE!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails